web analytics

| Subcribe via RSS


Making progress.  I’ve been going through each section and seeing where I can clean it up and reduce my polycount.  So far, I’ve managed to take it from 84,472 triangles down to 45,449 which is a phenomenal savings on polygons. The lower the number, the faster your computer game can process it.  So, lower is better, but not so low that you have cheese graphics.

Most of it came from just rethinking some of the design aspects and separating items into multiple objects so that I didn’t have to build so much detail into one part of the object simply because the other side required it.

Now, I think I should have the main building structure done by the end of the week.  After that it will be security fences and stairways.

2 Responses to “Progress”

  1. Six Says:

    My friend, you have mad skills. I can barely post to blogger.

  2. Instinct Says:

    Yeah, but you put together a REAL building so I think that counts 😀

Leave a Reply